Cheese fondue with grilled mushrooms
A real delight that’s perfect for sharing
- 250 g mushrooms, halved
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 300 g Gouda cheese, rindless
- 300 g Cheddar cheese, rindless
- 500 ml dry white wine
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons vodka or gin
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 200 g raw cauliflower or broccoli florets
- 8 slices toasted bread, in thin strips
- - grill pan
- - wooden skewers
- - food processor with shredder accessory
- Thinly brush the mushrooms with oil. Heat the grill pan and grill the mushrooms for 2-3 minutes, then season to taste with salt and pepper and stick on wooden skewers.
- Place the shredder accessory in the food processor and grate the cheese. Heat the wine in a heavy-bottomed pan and add the cheese in several portions. Wait to add the next portion until the previous one has melted.
- Then, mix the corn flour with the lemon juice and add to the cheese fondue. Keep stirring until the fondue has thickened slightly. Season to taste with vodka and spring onion and place on a hotplate to keep warm.
- Dip the mushrooms, cauliflower florets and pieces of toast in the fondue at the table.
- 25 minutes preparation time