Drunken ham with mustard
Ham is delicious! You can use it in a myriad of ways, but one recipe in particular has always stuck with me.
I was traveling in Germany and was served this ham dish in a highly recommended restaurant. Ham is lovely in combination with asparagus or simply sliced between a nice piece of bread. Try experimenting with other marinades, such as Provencal, Italian etc.
- 1 joint of ham, approximately 750 g
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons French mustard
- 200 ml whiskey
- Remove the ham from the refrigerator half an hour before cooking to bring to room temperature. Take a casserole dish that fits in the Airfryer and make the marinade. For the marinade, mix the whiskey, honey and mustard.
- Place the ham in the oven dish and turn it in the marinade. Heat the Airfryer to 160 degrees and cook the ham for 15 minutes.
- Add another shot of whiskey and turn in the marinade again. Cook the ham for 25 minutes until done at 160 degrees.
- Great with potatoes and fresh vegetables from the Airfryer.