My take on this versatile Hungarian classic.
- 40 millilitre of olive oil
- 800 grams of onions
- 20 grams of garlic
- 1 kilograms of goulash meat (beef or lamb)
- 40 millilitre of stock
- 40 grams of allspice
- 50 grams of tomato paste
- 100 millilitre of white wine
- 800 milllitre of water
- 2 tablespoons marjoram
- 1 teaspoons ground caraway
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 30 grams of flour
- 100 grams of sour cream
- Preheat the HomeCooker for 3 minutes at 175°C.
- Add the olive oil, finely chopped onions and garlic and fry for 10 minutes at 175°C.
- Add the meat (cut into 3cm cubes) and set the timer to 10minutes at 175°C.
- Add the tomato paste and set the timer to 3 minutes at 175°C.
- Add all other ingredients, set the timer to 90 minutes at 110°C and cover with the lid.
- Once the goulash is done, dissolve sour cream and a little of the goulash sauce in a cup. Add it to your goulash to give it a lovely creamy consistency.
貼士: I like to serve up this hearty goulash with spaetzle on the side. For extra freshness, why not add an extra dollop of sour cream when you’re serving up.