Italian vegetable stew with broad beans, peas & artichokes
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 350 grams fresh or frozen peas
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 leek, outer leaves removed, washed and finely sliced
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 400 millilitre chicken stock, preferably organic
- 4 good-quality jarred artichokes, quartered
- 200 grams spinach
- 1 small bunch of fresh mint, leaves picked
- 350 grams fresh or frozen broad beans
- 4 slices of prosciutto
- zest of 1 lemon
- For this stage of the recipe, you don’t need the stirrer attachment. Pour 2.5 litres of water into the HomeCooker pan and set the temperature to 250°C. Once the water is boiling, sit the pasta insert in the pan, add the broad beans and set the timer for 1 minute. When the time’s up, carefully lift out the pasta insert to drain the beans, then add them to a bowl of cold water. Pop the beans out of their skins, drain them and put aside.
- Empty and wipe out the HomeCooker pan, make sure the stirrer attachment is in place, then set the temperature to 130°C. Once the pan has heated up, add 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, the onion and leek. Put the lid on and set the timer for 15 minutes, so the veg are soft but not coloured. Meanwhile, snap the woody ends off the asparagus then finely slice the stalks, leaving the tips whole.
- Pour the stock into the pan and bring it to the boil, then add the prosciutto and set the timer for 5 minutes. Add the spinach and asparagus to the pan, put the lid on and set the timer for 5 minutes. Add the broad beans, peas and artichokes and set the timer for a final 3 minutes. Meanwhile, roughly chop the mint leaves.
- When the time’s up, everything should be nicely stewed so turn the HomeCooker off, remove the pan and the stirrer attachment. Season the veg to taste and stir through most of the chopped mint. Spoon into a nice serving dish, scatter over the remaining mint and the lemon zest, then drizzle with
a little extra virgin olive oil and serve.
貼士: If you can get hold of fresh artichokes, they’ll be absolutely delicious here. Just prep them, then blanch in boiling salted water in the HomeCooker for 7 minutes until tender before you start, adding them with the broad beans and peas towards the end of the recipe