Pumpkin and chorizo soup
Pumpkin is a delicious vegetable for broiling or making into soup. Pumpkin has a mild taste, and today we're spicing it up by adding chorizo and chili.
- 450 g pumpkin
- 100 g chorizo
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 100 g chick peas (drained and rinsed)
- ½ red chili pepper without seeds
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 50 ml heavy cream
- Toasted pumpkin seeds
- Parsley to garnish
- Cut the pumpkin into pieces and remove the seeds and the skin. Do not throw away the seeds. Press the garlic cloves and peel the onion. Peel the carrot. Put the pumpkin, carrot, garlic, onion, pepper and the bouillon cube in the SoupMaker and fill to the top line. Select program 1 and let the program run. Meanwhile drain the chick peas, cut the chorizo into pieces and toast the pumpkin seeds in a pan.
- When the soup is ready, just add the chick peas and chorizo. Garnish the soup with pumpkin seeds, parsley and cream.