This makes a perfect picnic dish. Vary with other dressings or any salad ingredients you have available.
- 300 g lentils (Tip)
- 750 g vegetable stock
- fennel or cumin seeds
- To finish the salad:
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- ¼ cucumbers, chopped in small cubes
- 1 head leaf lettuce, chopped
- juice of 1 lemon
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- handful fresh parsley, basil or coriander
- Add the lentils and stock into the Soup maker, close the lid and select the Compote program.
- When the program is ready leave the appliance closed for about 10-15 minutes until the lentils are tender but still firm.
- Drain excessive stock, add to a large bowl and wait to cool.
- Finish by adding the remaining ingredients and toss well.
貼士: There are many different lentil types. Red lentils get a bit too soft for this recipe; French green, black and brown lentils will keep a lot of texture and are more suitable.