Savoury tart with beetroot and goat’s cheese
An aromatic dish that is sure to satisfy
份量 4 persons, 煮食時間 50 minutes
- 250 g flour
- 125 g cold butter, in cubes
- 5 eggs
- 15 g (flat leaf) parsley
- 100 ml Greek yoghurt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cooked beetroots
- 200 g soft goat’s cheese
- 15 g fresh basil
- 10 g fresh chive
- - 1 shallow pie tin, 26 cm, greased
- - food processor with kneading accessory
- Place the kneading accessory in the bowl before adding the flour, ½ teaspoon salt, the butter and 1 egg. Let the food processor run until the dough comes together.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons cold water if the dough is too crumbly. Shape the dough into a ball and cover with cling film. Put the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Chop up ¾ of the parsley. Beat 4 eggs with the yoghurt, season with salt and a generous helping of black pepper and the cumin. Stir in the chopped parsley. Rub the skin off the beetroots and cut the beetroots up into 6 pieces each.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 °C. Roll out the dough on a floured surface into a thin 30 cm circle. Place the dough in the pie tin, press down along the edges and cut away any excess dough around the top. Pour the egg mixture over the bottom and place the pieces of beet in a circle. Crumble the goats’ cheese on top and add some extra black pepper.
- Place the pie tin one shelf under the centre of the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes until golden. Coarsely chop up the rest of the herbs and mix. Take the pie out of the oven and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- Place a large handful of herbs in the middle of the pie, or, alternatively, cut the pie into pieces and serve each piece with an individual portion of herb salad.
- 50 minutes preparation time + 30 minutes proving