My Philips DVDR cannot record on a particular disc
Published on 2017-02-28
- Either there is no disk inserted or the disk that was inserted cannot be used for recordings. Insert a recordable DVD (DVD±R, DVD±RW, or DVD+R Double Layer)
- DVD±R disks that have been finalized cannot be used for further recordings
- Insert the disk with the label facing up
- Check whether the disk is defective by trying another disk. Make sure that the recording surface of the disk is not scratched as this might result in the disk being unrecordable
- You cannot use the recorder to duplicate copyrighted material (DVDs or videotapes) onto a recordable DVD, “COPY PROT” will be displayed
Our site can best be viewed with the latest version of Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome or Firefox.