- Fill the kettle with water up to three-quarters of the maximum level and bring the water to the boil.
- After the kettle has switched off, add white vinegar (8% acetic acid) to the maximum level.
- Leave the solution in the kettle overnight.
- Empty the kettle and rinse the inside thoroughly.
- Fill the kettle with fresh water and boil the water.
- Empty the kettle and rinse it with fresh water again.
- Repeat the procedure if there is still some scale in the kettle.
- Regular descaling prolongs the life of your kettle.
- Never use natural vinegar or white vinegar with an acetic acid content higher than 8%, as this may damage the inside of your Philips kettle.