Purple Potato Mooncake (Makes 12 mooncakes)
Learn how to make Purple Potato Mooncake with Philips Kitchen Appliances. Share with your friends and family!
- Pastry Ingredients:
- Purple potato powder for baking 25g
- Cake flour 190g
- Unsalted butter 100g
- Icing sugar 45g
- Egg wash 15g
- Whipping cream 10g
- Coconut milk 10g
- Purple Potato Filling Ingredients:
- Purple potatoes (excluding skin) 240g
- Butter 10g
- Granulated sugar 30g
- Whipping cream 10g
- Purple Potato Filling:
- Cook the purple potatoes. Peel and mash with fork. Add the sugar, butter and whipping cream. (If the mixture is too watery, thicken it with a small amount of starch.)
- Divide the purple potato filling into 20g pieces. Roll the pieces into balls and refrigerate.
- Put the icing sugar and butter into a big bowl. Whisk well.
- Stir in the egg wash, whipping cream and coconut milk.
- Sieve the cake flour and purple potato powder into the mixture. Knead well. Wrap in cling film and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Purple Potato Mooncake:
- Take the pastry dough out of the refrigerator. Divide it into portions weighing 28g each and knead into a ball.
- Place the dough under cling film. Then, flatten it into a circle with hand or rolling pin. The dough pieces should be thinner along the rim.
- Wrap one piece of purple potato filling in the dough.
- Sprinkle flour on the mooncake and mould. Knead into a cylinder and place it in the mould. Press lightly with hand.
- Turn the mould upside down. Press 10 times and remove the mooncake.
- Refrigerate the pressed mooncakes for 1 hour.
- Preheat the Airfryer at 200°C for 10 minutes. Spray water on the mooncakes before placing them on the baking tray. Bake at 200°C for 4 minutes, and then bake at 180°C for 2 minutes.
- Remove the baking tray along with the mooncakes. Brush on syrup and bake for 1 minute.
- Reheat the mooncakes in the Airfryer before consumption for better taste.
- Syrup can be made by mixing 1 part of granulated sugar with 1 part of hot water.
- Moon cake mold can be purchased at the baking shop