Spinach Salmon Congee
Learn how to make Spinach Salmon Congee with Philips Kitchen Appliances. Share with your friends and family!
- Suitable for infants of 8-month-old or above
- Rice 50g
- Spinach leaves (chopped) 25g
- Salmon (minced) 20g
- Water 600g
- Rinse the rice, drain and put in the inner pot of rice cooker, then add water.
- Close the lid, switch on the power, select the “Congee” function, set the cooking time for “4 hours” and press “Start” to cook.
- When the cooking time of 15 minutes remains, open the lid, add in spinach leaves and minced salmon. Close the lid and continue cooking.
- Ready to serve when the cooking is finished.
- Nutritional Tips:
- Infant development requires sufficient iron which can be found in spinach and other dark green leafy vegetables. Salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acid which is crucial for brain development. Approaching weaning stage, infants learn to taste and accept different textures in food. Applying sufficient amount of water, you can prepare rice porridge with a soft texture that helps your child to learn to swallow at this early stage.