Learn how to make Herba Taxilli Sweet Soup with Lotus Seed, Red date and Egg with Philips Kitchen Appliances. Share with your friends and family!
- Herba taxilli 60g
- Lotus seed (soaked for 4 hrs) 50g
- Red date (soaked and deseeded) 3-5 pcs
- Egg (boiled and peeled) 2 pcs
- Water 1000g
- Cane sugar, as appropriate
- 1. Put the herba taxilli in the inner pot of rice cooker. Add water to soak for 30 minutes, then add lotus seeds and red dates.
- 2. Close the lid, switch on the power, select the “Soup” function, set the cooking time for “1 hour” and press “Start” to cook.
- 3. When finished, add eggs and keep warm for 30 minutes.
- 4. Finally, add cane sugar to serve.
- *For healthy pregnancy
- Nutritional Tips:
- The soup is suitable for women during early pregnancy, as its mild medicinal properties appeal to both yin and yang body types. Herba texilli is a Chinese herbal medicine widely used for fetal nourishment and stabilization. It tonifies the liver and kidney, strengthens the muscles and bones, and expels the wind and moisture in the body. Lotus seeds benefit the kidney, enhance sexual stamina, tonify the spleen and benefit the heart. Red dates help balance the qi, nourish the blood and improve sleeping quality.