Learn how to make Apple Pie with Philips Kitchen Appliances. Share with your friends and family!
- Red apples 2-3 pcs
- Green apples 1 pc
- Lemon 1 pc
- Ground cinnamon 1 tsp
- Puff pastry sheet 1 pc
- Salted butter 20g
- Egg wash 1 pc
- Granulated sugar 35g
- Peel, core and dice the red and green apples then combine together. 350g of apple pulp. Set aside.
- Soak the lemon in water for 10 minutes. Clean the skin of the lemon with salt and remove zest. Juice the lemon. Set aside half of the juice for later use.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add sugar and cook the mixture until it turns brown. Add the apple pieces and stir.
- Add the lemon juice. Cook the apples for another 10 minutes to reduce the juice.
- When finished, stir in the lemon zest and ground cinnamon. Leave to cool.
- Put the puff pastry sheet on a 16cm greased pie mould to make the base of the pie.
- Cut the remaining pastry into long strips.
- Add the apple filling and use the puff pastry strips to make a checked pattern over the filling. Brush the egg wash on the puff pastry.
- Put the apple pie into the Airfryer basket and bake at 190°C for 15 minutes.
- Leave it to cool and remove from mould. Ready to serve.
- Use the zest and juice of 1 lime instead of 1 lemon.