Matcha and Red Bean Mooncake (Makes 12 mooncakes)
Learn how to make Matcha and Red Bean Mooncake with Philips Kitchen Appliances. Share with your friends and family!
- Pastry Ingredients:
- Matcha powder for baking 10g
- Cake flour 180g
- Unsalted butter 100g
- Egg wash 15g
- Whipping cream 20g
- Coconut milk 10g
- Icing sugar 45g
- Red bean paste for mooncake 240g
- Red Bean Filling:
- Divide the red bean paste into 20g pieces. Roll the pieces into balls and refrigerate.
- Put the icing sugar and butter into a big bowl.
- Whisk well. Stir in the egg wash, whipping cream and coconut milk.
- Sieve the cake flour and matcha powder into the mixture. Knead well. Wrap in cling film and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Matcha Red Bean Mooncake:
- Take the pastry dough out of the refrigerator. Divide it into portions weighing 28g each and knead into a ball.
- Place the dough under cling film. Then, flatten it into a circle with hand or rolling pin. The dough pieces should be thinner along the rim.
- Wrap one piece of red bean filling in the dough.
- Sprinkle flour on the mooncake and mould. Knead into a cylinder and place it in the mould. Press lightly with hand.
- Turn the mould upside down. Press 10 times and remove the mooncake.
- Refrigerate the pressed mooncakes for 1 hour.
- Preheat the Airfryer at 200°C for 10 minutes. Spray water on the mooncakes before placing them on the baking tray. Bake at 200°C for 5 minutes, and then bake at 180°C for 2 minutes.
- Remove the baking tray along with the mooncakes. Brush on the syrup and bake for 1 minute.
- Reheat the mooncakes in the Airfryer before consumption for better taste.
- Syrup can be made by mixing 1 part of granulated sugar with 1 part of hot water.
- Moon cake mold can be purchased at the baking shop.