Chilled spring onion soup with blue cheese
Delicate and tangy all at once
- 500 g potatoes
- 6 spring onions
- 100 ml cream
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 50 g blue cheese (for example gorgonzola)
- Peel and dice the potatoes, then boil them for 15-20 minutes in the chicken stock. Clean and chop up the spring onions. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and sauté the spring onions over a high heat until they turn golden brown, then season to taste. Leave to cool for a few minutes (liquid shouldn’t exceed 80°C).
- Purée the potatoes with the stock and the spring onions in the blender on MAX for at least 1 minute. Add the chilled cream during blending to make the soup silky smooth. Leave to cool for at least 2 hours; this soup is served cold.
- Stir well before serving and season to taste. Sprinkle with the chives and crumble over the blue cheese.
- 30 minutes preparation time + 2 hours in the fridge